Saturday, February 05, 2005

i wished, i wanted, i never

i wish that i could have known you, so that i could have loved you.
i wish that you could have known me, because to know me is to love me.
i want to be your friend and love you entirely.
i never got that chance and for that i am sorry.

i wish that i could see you, in your most vulnerable hours.
i wish that i was there to comfort you when you needed it most.
i want to be the one that you run to when you think there is no where else to go.
i never got the chance and for that i am sorry.

i wish that sing to you my favorite lullaby.
i wish that you could have heard it because that would give me joy.
i want to be the one who can always make you smile.
i never got the chance and for that i am sorry.

i wish that i could make time stand still, because i want to spend it all with you.
i wish that you could understand that i want to be with you.
i want to see that smile of yours, that always brightened my day.
i will never get the chance and for the i am sorry.

your smile meant the world to me, it made my heart want to soar.
your voice is the like sweetest song, that i have never heard before.
your eyes are like the clearest lake, and all i want to do was drown.
your touch was so very gentle, you could never bring me down.

your faith is undeniable, and made want it too.
a song was written that i cherish most, because i see God in you.
your slightest touch made me weak in the knees, i loved to touch your hand.
just the thought of being near you made me want to be a better man.

i wish i could have said this too you earlier.
i wish you could have heard.
i wanted things to be different but they are not.
i never took the chance when offered and for that i am sorry.