Thursday, July 21, 2005

adding another ring

means that i am a little smarter, wiser and closer to death...well naturally that is.

think back, has this year really been different than all of the others. besides the obvious fact that i am getting old, on the surface you would probably say no.

i still make silly mistakes, still say inappropriate things, i am lacking in so many areas. but then there is not a person who is not lacking somehwere. and the realization of this has changed me. i have grown because i now identify what is defective about me and try and fix it. i will always be defective but hey i like it like that.

"she's working that back i don't know how to act. slow motion for me, slow motion for me, slow motion for me move in slow motion for me."

ok random thought but it was triggered by the last sentence.

granted they are defects but they are MINE and i love them. it makes me special.

that i think is why this ring is different from all of the rest. it was that marking of a very healty/prosperous year.